Monday, May 02, 2005

Traffic Court

So last wednesday I went to traffic court to fight at ticket I got
last August for "running a red light". Why was i fighting it?
Well, a few reasons.

1)I didn't want to pay $190
2)I had just a green light, I entered the intersection early, sure,
but hadn't the same thing as gunning a amber, trying (and failing to
make it)
3)I was on my bike
4)the officer had it out for me, and was clearly misjugding the
incident (he had also accused me of biking throught a non-existing
Stop Sign, which apparently was the reason he followed me to begin
with.)
5)I have seen bicycle officer do "worse" things then procedure a
little early on a very small side street when absolutely no one was
around.
6)proceeding a second of two early into an intersection is not
something I wanted to pay $190 for.
7)at the time of the fine I didn't have $190 to pay
8)there was no way I was going to pay $190 to pay for an officers vendetta

Now, a little bit about #4, the non-existing stop sign. How, you may
ask, to I know that there is in fact no Stop sign? Well, cause I
live on the street he accused me of running a stop sign through.
Unfortunatly, when he stopped me, I told him flat out he was wrong.
He didn't believe me, but when I offered to take him to said "Stop
Sign", he declined. Of course as it turned out, he didn't even
mention the Stop sign in the ticket or report. Just that I was
turning at a high rate of speed from a small side street (which he
testified he couldn't remember) and THAT got his attention. He
failed to mention that he had then assumed (cause there was no way he
could have seen a stop sign that isn't there) that I must have broken
a law, and proceeded to follow me.

I don't have a lot of time at this moment, so I will write more on
this later. Stay tuned, as I will go into the court case. A very
interesting one, I might add.

The Author

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home