Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ants & Show

Hey All,
I recently saw on one of the google engineers blog that Google earth (which is some kind of windows program --- btw, the tendency of windows preferences in google is starting to get frustrating-- but that is another blog) and this website Antweb is collaborating. This interested me. Mostly because ants are my favorite insect, and my favorite animal to watch and learn about. I would love to just read and watch ants do there thing. I don't know if it was the fact that I've been attack by ants twice in my life (I remember only one time when I was 3 or 4 -- the other one my mom just mentioned it, but I have no details on it, maybe I'll ask). But either way they just fascinate me. So check out this site, and if you have windows and are interested, download Google earth. You can check out the ants found in your neighbourhood. Or check out what some place in the world have for ants. The site is www.antweb.org and the download part can be found by a link mentioning it on their front page. The other interesting thing is that this site was so impressed with Google's help that they named a new ants species after the company.

The other piece of news is that Rosa Parks died yesterday. She was 92. Check out the article here... (registration usually required, but for now I'm using my link/registration to let you guys in -- but know that this link will eventually be dead). If you don't know anything about the Montgomery Bus boycott, which lasted over a year... you should look it up. A truly affective piece of work. A lot of people could stand to learn from it. Well take care guys.

The Author

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home