Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A letter summary everyday...



I've been writing a brief summary (some days briefer than others) about my dayz this past week. It's actually not that hard. So to catch up a bit, i'll post the first few days at once. Enjoy!


Tuesday June 27th 2006 / Wednesday June 28th 2006
11:30 - My friend show up at my place as we are about to have a house meeting with my roomies. I'm excited to see her before she leaves for a metitation retreat, but sad that I may have to cut it short (cause I couldn't skip out).
12:30 - Meeting ends, I still meet up with my very very patient friend (I'm very very grateful she stayed), we chat a bit, hang out a bit, and eventually we head out to the bus stop (she's been out all day shopping and saying bye to another friend who was also leaving town).
2:15 - We eat at Pizza Gigi's, see Frank Muinez (sp?) of Malcom in the Middle, notice his lack of height, after I say hello and head to the bus stop.
3:16 - After walking, chatting, and some feet massage the bus comes (my mom used to force me to massage her feet when I was a kid, consequently, as much as I absolutely hated massaging and washing her feet, that talent is useful when a certain (flat-footed) friend has soar feet from walking about all day long... plus as Matthew McConaughey could tell you, it's a hit with all the ladies... but (sg/i + h)*2 I had to say goodbye. :(

After much sadness and book reading, i go to bed. Wake up, lounge out, do laundry, surf internet, watch the Hulk, and get ready for track, bible study and work.

Track workout went good, the progress back to aggressive is coming along very well so far.


Thursday June 29th 2006
7:30 Go home, finish the hulk, stupidly turn the computer on, surf before going to bed very late.
Afternoon/Evening - Get up and get ready for work, go to bar with Signy and Meg where we send off Megan for the month (she is going to be a camp counsillor of a academic summer camp). After some decent Nachos and bad coke at Rowers (it's a surprise that one can make coke bad, really) I run off to work. The run, about an hour, feels pretty good even though the last two days have been very hard.

Friday June 30th 2006
After running to the subway, I make my way over to TWH for rounds, I find myself at Yonge station at about 8:13 as the train pulls up. Figuring I have 14 minutes once i get spadina, to go home, get bike and go there, figure that's a good bet. After all, running home would take max 5 min, with streetcar coming right away, I figured save some running and maybe time. Well, wouldn't you know it, for the first time ever the streetcar I'm on, has sudden unexpected power problems. Can't get off, but not going anywhere either. There goes my time, 10 wonderful minutes wasted (did i mention that was just to pull away?) And the second time in a row I had problems with TTC on the way to rounds from work? (sg/i + h)

Rounds were very interesting, too bad I was late... damn TTC... apparently the main board (for sleep standards) just made MAJ0R changes to how things are scored. First time since it's inception in 1968. I HAD to be late to this one eh? Missed only first 10 minutes fortunately, but not the end of the world, changes like this will have to be discussion in our lab anyway. Dr. Shapiro mentioned another one of his Masters students has gone off and been accepted to Medical school, making this the "x"th time (can't remember the number he said) that has happens (he proclaimed proudly). Then, putting me on the spot, he asks if I have ever invited anyone from my lab to these rounds? :) Considering the former Medical director (and my head boss) and now the current Medical Director, work at my lab, it's a funny question. Of course, I know he means the techs... :) Yes, of course I have :).

After all that, I approach him after the rounds and discuss a few things. I think he likes the fact that I was working with him before I got the job i now have. It seems to surpass any sorta politics that may otherwise develop. :) I ask him about doing a Masters, options and possible undergrad. I get the same type of responce as from the other one at the lab. Don't waste your time with undergrad, a MSc, is a MSc, and it's just a matter of figuring out how. He discussion some possibilities, and I ask to have further discussion at other times... he's good with that. :)

Whew... and that was just the morning! :)

Go home, try to call Ib and figure out if he wants to see Superman, talk a long time, while watching Germany beat Argetina :) Slept late, missed a bank 6pm deadline... barely made Critical Mass. Don't see Levi, but as we ride through Kensington Market, who should happen to be just leaving for a bike ride...(a friend whom I met at another friend's birthday party! A salsa instructor he is.) How wild and convinient, I see a few others I know. Have fun, mostly, see a car driver hit a bicycle, in front of a cop... who proceeds to tell everyone to just leave (which is against the law!!!). He happen to be there to man traffic at a construction site. I tell the officer off, without swearing or demeaning of course, but frankly telling him that he is required by law to report the accident. And that I was oing to report him. Damn right I am, officer badge 3662. At about 7:30 at the intersection of Richmond and Bay. After more riding, ended up at kensington, chilled for a while, went home.



Saturday and Sunday nothing much happened, except I prayed a lot for a friend of mine, whom I've worried about, watched too much of tv, and spend too much time on the internet. At least France beat Brazil. Afrofest I found out is next Saturday and Sunday I can't wait it's usually hip-hopin'.

Note: 1 - Check out these two links with more pics from Critical Mass, I'm in both of these as well: link1, link2
2 - that formula you saw, use algebra and logic and see if you can figure it out... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home