Saturday, July 08, 2006

a letter summary everyday...

Sunday July 2nd 2006
I know i said I didn't do that much this day, which is true, but there was one thing I ... okay a couple, worth mentioning.  First I had cleaned up the front poarch in front of the couch, while chatting with my roommate   It's nicer to sit there now (there was a lot of stuff from the tree) ... i happen to find a dollar as i did so :) yeay me!    Anyway, as I was chatting with Kristina I we started to talk about kids, adoption, marriage (hopes, wishes and possible dreams each of us has, some advice I've heard.   As we talked of adoption, sponsoring a kid came up, and I expressed my intent to sponsor a kid.  Specifically in one village in Eritrea, and as I got more money I would sponsor more from the same village.   Maybe if I had enough to sponsor the whole village itself.   I figured one kid is $30 a month, which isn't too bad, a dollar a day.   And I realized that I would rather do that instead of get a cell phone.   A significantly better use of money I think.   Anyway, I left it there...

Monday July 3rd 2006
Finished reading the Terry Brooks book (from the Running with Demon series, Angel Fire East).  I like this one a lot.   Very good reading, and well written and thoughout.   I dare say almost as good as his first few books.   Not as long, but definatly well though out.   Perhaps a bit more predictable, but not too much.   And it leaves it open for more to follow.   I like where the series is going, that's fo sho.   You guys should read it.   Still prefer the pure fantasy stuff he's done (you know, elves, gnomes, and such) but it was great none the less.  But all that reading hurt my eyes... immediatly after I went for my run (it was already getting late, between getting up very late, reading a lot and such).  

As I went for my run, it hit me, I know the perfect village to sponsor (or at least for now a village from which I can pick a kid)!   Quazine.   It's the village I have pictures of where my dad's side of the family comes from.   I know there are kids there that don't go to school, and sponsoring them, would seem right.   I come from there, who better to help them out?   One thing I know that all Eritreans have learned is that there is no such thing as 'not responsible'.   We are all responsible for all the others... :)   So that is why I bothered to mention yesterday's stuff, I thought it related.  

After that, relaxed a bit, did some abs and then went to the bloor cinema with Hugh to see "V for Vendetta".   That was a great movie.  Loved it.   You should see it if you haven't already.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home